Recipe by Cuistot
End of the week whip something up for lunch that turned out to be quiet flavorful and something worthy of serving company.
Top Review by anme
My mother adored this dish! I scaled it down quite a bit with great results since I was just making this for her. I served this over brown rice for a very easy, yet impressive meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
Directions See How It's Made
- heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
- add green onions and garlic and saute for a minute.
- add kielbasa and cook until heated through and edges are browned.
- remove kielbasa, leaving drippings in the pan, add remaining tablespoon of butter.
- heat butter to a sizzle, turn heat to low and add flour stirring to absorb drippings.
- add can of consume and stir constantly to keep from getting lumps. If you want a thinner sauce or more of it add water or beef broth.
- add worcestershire and marsala, stir well, you may need more of both if you added water or broth to the previous step.
- return kielbasa pan, mix with the sauce, cover and simmer for 10mins.
- add blue cheese crumbles and simmer until they are melted.
- serve over rice.
- I think this would be great with some bell pepper and mushrooms added into the second step, but end of the week the produce drawer was looking bare.