Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and tangy baked beans. Good as a side dish for a barbecue, or a main dish served with bread and salad. Recipe found in Quick Cooking magazine from May-June 2000.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa, cut into 1/8 in. slices (can be turkey)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (I use A1)
- In a saucepan or skillet saute the onion in oil until tender.
- Add kielbasa, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until heated through.