Recipe by NormCooks
This is one of my recipes from New Years Day 2006. It was easy to make and the flavor was amazing. I should have made more.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice your Kielbasa into bite size pieces. I prefer Beef Kielbasa, but other flavors will also work. Be sure it is cold when you slice it so the juices do not run.
- Lightly coat a 9x14 glass baking dish with unflavored cooking spray.
- Pour one can of your apple pie filling into your baking dish. Spread it around evenly without crushing the apples.
- Arrange your Kielbasa pieces in your dish, then pour your remaining can of apple pie filling over them.
- Cover your baking dish with tinfoil. Insert into your oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn your Kielbasa slices over, arrange your Maraschino cherries among the apples in your baking dish, re-cover with your tinfoil and continue baking another 20 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and serve your Kielbasa in your baking dish. Your guests will bombard you with compliments as they gobble up every single piece of juicy Kilebasa. They'll eat all the apples and cherries too.