Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick sweet-sour main course that can be served over rice, sub rolls or french bread.
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced pineapple in juice, drain and reserve juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄3 cup honey
- Heat oil in a skillet, add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Add kielbasa and brown lightly.
- Add garlic, pineapple, 1/2 cup reserved juice, soy and corn syrup and simmer 10 minutes on low heat.
This was ok . . . I would have preferred it without the sauce (to consider it a stir fry) . . . the sauce was good & reminded me of a sweet & sour sauce. I used Turkey Kielbasa. I only needed 1 onion & 1 green pepper to be plenty. I cooked the sausage, onions, & green peppers together for just a few minutes then added the sauce ingredients. If I make this again, I will omit the sauce ingredients & just add the garlic, pinneapple, & soy when the veggies were still slight crip, toss to coat, & serve.