Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
For some reason, I was craving this one evening even though I had never had it before. I decided to try it and the family declared it a winner. I use Hillshire Farm's Turkey Polish Kielbasa, but I'm sure any kind will work.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 13 -16 ounces kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium sweet vidalia onion, cut into slivers
- 16 ounces frozen mixed peppers, strips thawed (or fresh equivalent)
- prepared long grain and wild rice blend or prepared couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and peppers and stir fry until tender.
- Add kielbasa and continue to stir fry until everything is golden and heated thoroughly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over prepared long grain wild rice or couscous. (The garlic and/or Parmesan couscous varieties go especially well with it. My kids also like to add ketchup to theirs.).