This sounds really good and I hope to make it soon. From the Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining by Phyllis Pellman Good & Dawn J. Ranck.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb kielbasa, smoked fully cooked, thinly sliced (up to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Crumble bacon and place in large slow cooker.
- Add onions and sausage to drippings in skillet.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Transfer onions and sausage to slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to cooker and stir together well.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.