Recipe by Hadice
This came from Ric Miller, a local talkshow producer. He gives his recipes out over the air. The apples add an interesting touch.
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (24 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and cut into rings
- 1 small onion, cut into rings
- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes on bottom of slow cooker, top with half of your kielbasa.
- Top that with sauerkraut and then the rest of the kielbasa.
- Cover with apples and onions.
- Pour chicken broth over the top.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cook in crock-pot for 4 hours on high/7 or 8 on low.
- Top each serving with Swiss cheese.
- Serve with some nice hard rolls.