Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a cream soup that my Mom used to make. It is wonderful on day 1 but even better reheated!
- 2 (16 ounce) packages kielbasa
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 3 -4 large potatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash milk
- Cut the kielbasa up in chunks and cover it with water (more than cover it) and cook it for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add beans and juice.
- Peel and dice potatoes and add to the meat and broth at same time as the beans. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- Turn heat off.
- In a bowl, combine 8 oz container of sour cream, about 2-3 tblsp of corn starch, and enough milk to make it a runny consistency. Then stir that into the meat, beans and potatoes. Turn fire back on and keep stirring until soup gets thick. If it isn't thick enough for you, mix some corn starch and water and add a little at a time until it is as thick as you like it.