Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe. I just know they're quick and easy and I make them often! Try different mustard blends and add caramelized onion for extra flavor! :-) HINT: Slice each kielbasa chunk into 2-4 discs and lay them down (like fallen dominoes) before rolling them into the crescent roll. Then it's not quite as big of a bite!
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Combine melted butter and mustard thoroughly.
- Open package of rolls onto a sheet of waxed paper and separate into 8 pieces. (I use a pizza cutter along the perforated markings for this step.).
- Brush each piece with the butter/mustard mixture. (You'll have some left-set aside for last step.).
- Add caramelized onions. (Optional).
- Cut sausage into 8 equal sections.
- Place one sausage on each piece of dough on it's widest end. Carefully roll until the pointed end is on bottom. (Pinch and tuck sides in.).
- Place pockets (seam side down) on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining butter/mustard mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown in color.
These were really great. I modified the recipe a little: I used just 2Tbs butter and melted it with a few spoonfuls of apricot jam, then I used double the dijon-horseradish. They were sticky from the jam, but it tastes perfect with the mustard and the onions. GREAT way to use kielbasa, something different than potatoes and sauerkraut.
These are so YUMMY! Very easy to make for a quick snack.thanks UPDATE: I made these with hilshire farms better chedder smoked sausage and cut them in half they are much better size wise and the also have cheese infused in them and lets face it everything is better with a little cheese!!!
Very simple to prepare and very tasty! Have made these several times now many different ways!