Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Good recipe for a fall or winter dinner. This uses precooked kielbasa, but you can cook the slices right in with the vegetables.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This made a colorful, easy meal. I did not use the optional bacon, but I added some onions. I covered the skillet and the veggies steamed tender quickly. I added the broccoli during the last several minutes so it wouldn't get mushy. Thanx for posting this!
- 4 slices lean bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, stems and tops coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and thinly sliced (I used grater)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb precooked kielbasa, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bacon, in lrg skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp, then drain; set aside.
- To pan in which bacon was cooked, add olive oil; increase heat to med-high. Add potatoes, onion, broccoli, carrots and oregano, and cook, covered 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, sliced sausage, salt, pepper and cooked bacon; cook until vegetables are tender and sausage is fully heated through.