Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
One pan wonder from a Hillshire Farm ad. This recipe has almost no prep, which makes it great for weeknights when we have PTA/Scouts/etc.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (28 ounce) bag o'brien frozen potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 7 ounces reduced-fat kielbasa (half-package)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add potatoes and mixed vegetables. Cover and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice kielbasa in half lenghtwise and then into very thin slices.
- Stir kielbasa into skillet. Cook and cover another 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
Yum! This IS a one pan wonder! I halved the recipe except for the kielbasa (I have a bunch of carnivores in my house) and would do it that way again. I used olive oil rather than canola, and my kielbasa was garlic flavored. This was really good and I will definitely make again! Made for PAC Spring '11.
I do something similar only I use rice instead of potatoes, but have done the potatoes. This dish is so tasty!