Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that changed my view of sauerkraut. It's easy and delicious.
- 1 bag sauerkraut (approx. 2 cups drained)
- 1 kielbasa, sliced thick (3/4" slices)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled cored &,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in quarters
- Place all ingredients in covered roaster, bake at 350 for 1 hour (till potatoes are tender).
This was very good. I forgot to add the honey so I used some honey mustard after it was done baking and just mixed it in. This was quick and easy and delicious. Had for dinner last night and just finished off the rest for lunch.
This was really good. I did not have any apples so I used 1 cup of apple juice. Might have been just a hair on the sweet side. Next time I will use less honey. Used much more kielbasa and skipped the caraway seeds. Will make again!