Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Better if allowed to chill overnight.
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 -5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, add peas, apples, green bell pepper, onion and sausage; mix well.
- Stir together dressing ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.