Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Versatile and delicious. You can also add frozen/fresh vegetables, different hams or sausages or herbs to change to flavours.
- heat oil in pan.
- Add chopped onion.
- Fry till transparent.
- Add kielbasa (chopped in small cubes) and fry till heated through.
- Add 1/2 pkg of noodle in soup mix (and half of seasoning found in pkg).
- Fry till it starts to brown.
- Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 cups rice and butter.
- Turn down the heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook till all liquid is absorbed.
- Take off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
This is delicious! Since I made this as a main dish, I used a whole pound of kielbasa. It was hearty and flavorful and it made a lot! I didn't have any Lipton's so I used 3 tsp chicken bouillon powder and a half cup of superfine egg noodles. I used long grain rice. The result was a perfectly seasoned rice and sausage dish that my whole family enjoyed. It makes 6 servings, with the pound of sausage. Next time I'll toss in a handful of sweet peas for color and to round it out with a little veggies. Thank you!
The taste was alright, but kind of bland. I had to add more water for the rice to finish cooking and the bottom of the pan still burnt. I might make it again, but it would need more seasoning and more kielbasa added.
This was wonderful, I lost track of how many helpings my son took! I did not have the soup on hand, so I used 1 Tablespoon of Chicken Base...and about a 1 cup of noodles....Next time, I will use fine noodles...It was just great and easy thank you. We love kabasa!