Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Hollyhocks and Radishes- a consistent family favorite and very easy to make.
Make and share this Kielbasa, Red Beans and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cooked rice
- In a large, heavy saucepan, saute bacon in olive oil until lightly browned. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add beans, bay leaf, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and sausage. Simmer uncovered for 15-30 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar for last few minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.