Recipe by neglectedfarms
From Hollyhocks and Radishes- a consistent family favorite and very easy to make.
Top Review by Plumshadow
Very good. My Dh was, for some unknown reason, prepared to not like it but ended up being dissapointed there were no leftovers for lunch. I only added 1 can of beans and thought it needed a little extra salt and pepper once the rice was added to each plate. I will make this again.
- 3 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy saucepan, saute bacon in olive oil until lightly browned. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add beans, bay leaf, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and sausage. Simmer uncovered for 15-30 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar for last few minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.