Recipe by Deb
I was just throwing things together in a crock pot when this recipe was born. It has stuck with me and my family loves it on cold winter days.
- 1 (1 lb) package kielbasa (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 large potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- salt & pepper
- water (to cover)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan place butter, onions & garlic sauté.
- Pour onions, garlic & butter into crock pot (set on high).
- Add 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes dissolved in hot water, potatoes, kielbasa, salt, pepper, basil & oregano.
- Fill with water to cover to about 1 inch above potatoes.
- Let cook for 2-3 hours (or set to low & simmer longer).
- Add Parmesan close to serving time.