Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
From TOH, this looks like a quick and easy weekday dinner for my DH. A good use for that occasional left-over kielbasa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb smoked kielbasa or 1/2 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 kale leaves, torn or 2 chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, brown kielbasa and bacon; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil.
- 4Add the potatoes, bouillon and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Add the meat mixture and kale; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- 6Reduce heat. Add the cream; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kielbasa Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 825.5
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 1814.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: