Recipe by strawberrybird
This one-pot, easy dish is warm and satisfying. Serve with a crisp green salad. I use yukon gold potatoes, but any potato will work.
Top Review by FloridaNative
Wunderful gut food !! So easy and so flavorful ~ I used smoked turkey kielbasa, peeled red potatoes and I threw 1/4 head chopped cabbage in at the last minute cuz it sounded good. Definite comfort food and great for a busy week-night dinner. Into the keeper comfort food cookbook! Thanks for posting ~ made for ZWT 6 ~ GERMANY/BENELUX REGION.
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, diced
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic, mined
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes, onions, garlic, and pepper. Fry until potatoes are golden and onions are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and cook 1-2 minutes until warm.
- Add broth and cover skillet with lid. Lower heat to medium-low. Cook until broth is mostly evaporated, 5-10 minutes, and potatoes are tender. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes.
- If potatoes are not done and broth has evaporated completely, add more chicken broth and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.