Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
All I can say is WOW!!! This is such a good pasta sauce, and very inexpensive. YUMMY!!!!! Cook time includes cooking pasta.
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Put onion, garlic and sausage in sauce pan.
- Brown until onion is almost transparent.
- Add dressing mix and tomato sauce and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat until pasta is done.
I tried this because it seemed interesting, but it wasn't really to our liking. The recipe doesn't say what size of tomato sauce; I used two 15 ounce cans.
A good quick meal, and will be great for those busy weeknights. Would probably be good thrown in the crockpot, too. I used Italian Dressing mix #63812 (no MSG) and 2 15-oz. cans of tomato sauce. Everyone enjoyed this, but it is very salty, and I'd suggest using no salt added tomato sauce and possibly even decreasing the amount of salt in a homemade Italian seasoning mix. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
I had REALLY high hopes for this recipe, but it is missing something I can't quite put my finger on. I thought it tasted MUCH better after it had sat for a day and the flavors had a chance to meld. We served this over spaghetti and had garlic bread with it. I dunno...I guess maybe I am just more of a traditional girl when it comes to sausages with a smoky flavor.