Recipe by Barb G.
An Quick and easy casserole with Kielbasa,Ziti and tomatoes and topped with Monterey Jack cheese. Kids and adults all love it. Serve with French bread and a green salad for a great meal.
Top Review by Bev
This is a nice, quick alternative to Ziti! So easy to put together and has a very nice flavor! If you have no Monterey Jack Cheese on hand, Mozzarella or Provolone, I'm sure would work wonderfully with this! Serve it with a tossed green salad and crispy bread. Thanks, Barb, we certainly did enjoy our supper this evening!
- 16 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 1 lb Polish sausage, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes over mediun-high heat or until al dente.
- Drain Pasta.
- In a mediun skillet over medium-high heat, Cook sausage in oil until browned on both sides, 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine Ziti,sausage,stewed tomatoes,tomato sauce,oregano,parsley and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil (the new Release foil works great).
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until top is golden.