Recipe by Fireflylover
I don't remember how this concoction came about but it has ALWAYS been a hit whenever I take it anywhere or serve it here or at home for a party. I have putting it together to a science even down to the type of plate product, (Hefty Serve N Store Everyday Large Plates because they "ZIP" up when one plate is inverted onto the other and they stack well) I use these because it makes for easy transportation and storage in the refrigerator also. It is so crazy easy to put together and it always gets everyone asking how you made it. I feign exhaustion *back of hand to forehead* and tell them.........
- 1 (10 ounce) packagehillshire farms polska kielbasa
- 1 (18 ounce) jarsmuckers apricot-pineapple preserves (added note on 2/11/06 ( If it is too sweet, you can use half of the jar each on two kielbasa platter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Kielbasa with diagonal cuts about 1/2 inch wide.
- Line plate with a tripled (or more) layers of paper towels as this platter will get very juicy.
- In a circular formation, arrange sliced Kielbasa on paper towels. It should fill the plate.
- Spoon 1/2 of the Preserves jar over the top, making sure all sausages are lightly covered.
- Cover it, I just use the other plate loosely covering it or you can cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave in the oven on HIGH for 2 minutes depending on your Micro.
- PLEASE, PLEASE take care when carrying it out and opening it up as it will be hot and HOT steam and juices may spill out. You may want to have it on another plate or slide it onto another plate to take it out.
- Poke toothpicks into most of the sausages and serve hot.