Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad has a wonderful mix of flavors. Kielbasa or smoked sausage can be used, either one is great... this is different and very good! Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thin
- 4 red radishes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is good)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Saute the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until lightly brown; drain on paper towels, and let cool (of coarse, this may be done a day ahead if desired).
- Place the sauted sausage, cabbage, cucumber and radishes in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, Dijon mustard, horseradish, dill weed, garlic powder, salt (add a small amount of salt, as the feta is salty!) and pepper; stir to blend.
- Stir in the crumbled feta; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the sausage/veggie mixture, and stir slightly until well mixed.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.