Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
Similar to regular scallop potatoes but interesting with Kielbasa! A real timesaver and short-cut using packaged potatoes.
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup milk (I use 3/4 cup milk)
- 6 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 lb kielbasa, scored
- In 12x8x2" baking dish, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, butter and milk.
- Stir in onion.
- Place sausage on top.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 30 to 35 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
Very good! I made this tonight, however, I used a 7.8 oz box of scalloped potatoes, and I just prepared the potatoes as directed on the box. We really liked it, but it seemed a tad bit salty. Still very tasty though. Thanx!!
My daughter made this last night for a home-ec project and boy, am I glad she did! So easy and delicious...even family members who normally don't like kiebasa raved over it! We used 2 lbs. of kielbasa and the sour cream and chives variety of potatoes (the directions on the box did call for 3/4 cup of milk, so that's what we used). We also used one small regular onion chopped fine, as we had no green onions. The only problem with our finished project was that there was a little too much grease, which I think was caused from doubling the meat. Next time we could probably avoid this by doing one of the following: omitting the butter, doubling the potatoes, or using 1/2 or all turkey kielbasa. Thanks for this super easy recipe with the surprising, but welcome, results!
i havent tried it your way , but i fix something almost like tis but i add velvetta cheese to it and it gives it a great flavor just thought i'd let ya know