Recipe by VickyJ
This is a quick, simple kielbasa I put together for dinner one Friday night. I know some people might want to add onion, but I just used green pepper, and it came out delicious. This is nothing but sausage and the peppers. You could serve this with a side of pasta. I chose potato salad and garlic bread. For the kielbasa, I used the turkey variety, but you can use any kielbasa you like.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce kielbasa 4 or 5 times on each side with tip of a sharp knife.
- Simmer kielbasa and in water in a 12-inch heavy skillet, partially covered with lid, over moderately low heat until heated through, about 30 minutes (check after 15 minutes and add a little more water if skillet is almost dry).
- During the last 10 minutes of the kielbasa cooking time, saute your pepper strips in 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a small skillet until tender.
- Serve peppers with kielbasa pieces, sliced on the diagonal. Great sides could be rice, pasta; mashed/roasted, cheese-scalloped or au gratin potatoes. I made this meal with potato salad.
- Note: Instead of simmering in water, you could also saute the kielbasa (cut into 3 - 4" pieces) for 15 minutes in olive oil over med. heat, then add the pepper strips for the remainder of the 30 minute cooking time.