Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A foil-packet, one-dish, little-work dish of sausage and veggies.
Make and share this Kielbasa Grill Packets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageall-beef smoked sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package polska kielbasa, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil (12-inch x18-inch)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb new potato, washed and quartered
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small yellow sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium. Spray the topside of each foil sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine kielbasa, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cabbage, garlic, caraway and nutmeg in bowl; toss to mix. Place one-fourth mixture in center of each foil sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Top with 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces.
- Bring up the sides of the foil. Double fold the top and ends to seal the packets, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Place packets on grill and heat 20 to 25 minutes until sausage reaches 160°F and potatoes are tender.