A foil-packet, one-dish, little-work dish of sausage and veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package all-beef smoked sausage or 1 (16 ounce) package polska kielbasa, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil (12-inch x18-inch)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 lb new potato, washed and quartered
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small yellow sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium. Spray the topside of each foil sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Combine kielbasa, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, cabbage, garlic, caraway and nutmeg in bowl; toss to mix. Place one-fourth mixture in center of each foil sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Top with 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces.
- 3Bring up the sides of the foil. Double fold the top and ends to seal the packets, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- 4Place packets on grill and heat 20 to 25 minutes until sausage reaches 160°F and potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kielbasa Grill Packets
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 1061.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.9 g