Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There's nothing like comfort foods when lazily hanging around the house on a cold rainy or snowy day trying to keep warm. Old fashioned dishes such as this warm the soul and bring peace to the heart. Kielbasa Comfort can be served as a formal ethnic meal or as an informal treat any day of the week. To make it extra special, I garnished this dish with freshly cut chives and basil from my herb garden and paired it with my homemade potato salad, home grown cucumbers, rye bread and butter. It is mouth-watering delicious! Enjoy!
- 16 ounces Polish kielbasa
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Place sausage on the bottom of a large roasting pan. top with Brussels Sprouts, baby carrots, chopped cabbage, sliced garlic and sauerkraut. Pour chicken broth over entire pan, cover and cook for 90 minutes at 350 degrees. Just prior to serving, remove kielbasa from pan and cut into 8 - 10 pieces. Cook pasta, drain and spread out on large turkey platter. Arrange vegetables and kielbasa on top of pasta. Pour juice from cooking over all. Enjoy!