Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I like to double or triple this recipe and freeze in zip lock bags. This is great served with eggs, in a quesadilla, I have roasted veggies and served this along the side.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder, mild to medium hot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb kielbasa (I use turkey but you can use any kind)
- Heat the oil on low in a skillet, stir in all the rest of the ingredients (except the kielbasa) and heat through.
- I like to peel the casing off the kielbasa but its not necessary.
- Dice the kielbasa and add to other ingredients in skillet and heat through.
Very good, easy recipe. Used light summer sausage and diced it very fine. Served it w/scrambled eggs on whole wheat tortillas and a side of grapes. Thanks for sharing!
I am not sure what I expected but this was wonderful! I used turkey kielbasa and coarsely chopped it in the food processor with the casing on. I used this to make burritos for breakfast with scrambled eggs and some of my Tomatillo Ranchero Sauce #130935. This is so easy and so delicious. I really like chorizo and have avoided it due to the usual high fat content. This recipe will be made many times over. Thank you!
This was excellent. I actually used mild Portuguese sausage and left out the cumin. I then stirred chunks of potato into it and baked them together. It turned out to be a very flavorful meal. Thanks!