Jennifer Buescher's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend whose kids would eat only Macaroni and Cheese. She started sneaking in meats and veggies to the Macaroni, and her kids loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs of smoked kielbasa
- 1 bag small shell pasta or 1 bag elbow macaroni (any pasta shape can be used)
- 1 onion, diced (more or less to desired taste)
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, diced (my family prefers green pepper)
- 1/2 package cubed Velveeta cheese (or 1 cup of your cheese of choice....we prefer Velveeta because it's creamier)
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook the Pasta as directed on package.
- 3Drain and pour into large Oven-Safe Casserole dish.
- 4In a large skillet, saute the diced onion and pepper in 2 Tbsp of butter or Olive Oil.
- 5Slice the smoked sausage links into small pieces and add to the skillet with the onion and pepper.
- 6When the sausage is browned (most smoke sausages are precooked, so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to brown).
- 7add the contents of the skillet (sausage, pepper and onion) to the pasta in the Casserole Dish.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Add the cubed or shredded cheese.
- 10Add the 1/2 cup milk or water to the mixture.
- 11Salt and Pepper if desired.
- 12Stir well.
- 13Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (or until it all melts together).
- 14I usually serve with Boiled or Mashed potatoes, Saurkraut and Hot Rolls on the side.
- 16and believe it or not-- the kids LOVE IT!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kielbasa Cheesy Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1204.9
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 176.4 mg
- Sodium 2449.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 46.3 g