Recipe by CabinKat
This is a very easy one-pot meal. The taste will surprise you, even my kids love it. I would recommend cornbread with this dish.
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch on angle
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained & rinsed (do not use red)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup sun-dried tomato, diced (I recommend dry)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 tsp. granules mixed with 1 cup hot water)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet or pot, cook sausage over med-high heat until slightly charred or browned, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to simmer and add remaining ingredients. Be sure to rub thyme in palm while adding to enhance flavor.
- Cook until liquid is nearly dissolved, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: Can substitute 1 cup chicken broth with 3/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup white wine.