Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy one-pot meal. The taste will surprise you, even my kids love it. I would recommend cornbread with this dish.
- In large skillet or pot, cook sausage over med-high heat until slightly charred or browned, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to simmer and add remaining ingredients. Be sure to rub thyme in palm while adding to enhance flavor.
- Cook until liquid is nearly dissolved, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- NOTE: Can substitute 1 cup chicken broth with 3/4 cup chicken broth and 1/4 cup white wine.