Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a quick and tasty weeknight meal. All you need is some crusty bread and a salad to complete the dish!
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup converted white rice, uncooked
- butter, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake covered for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
- Top each serving with some butter, if desired.
So sorry, but I was not impressed with this dish. Way too bland. Needs some umph'.
This was pretty good.. might add some spices next time, maybe some chili powder, or italian spices and definitely a few garlic cloves. I buy Kielbasa when it's on sale and sometimes have a hard time with what to do with it so this is a great one for us. Easy to adjust by adding different items to taste. Thanks!
I really liked this for ease f cokng and the taste! I make kielbasa maybe 2 times per month as it is easy to prepare and pair it up with potatoes of some kind and a veggie. This 1 pot meal however has now replaced my recipe for ease. DH who does not care for rice ate this and liked it as well. I did add some garlic because well we LOVE garlic. I also think some hot peppers wuld be great in this for the spicier loving people. I am not one of them but I can see this tasting real well. We did have left overs and it was just as good the 2nd day.The flavors melded real well, and to reheat in the microwave was so easy! Thank yu for a keeper. Adopted for Football Pool 2007