Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I used cabbage instead of coleslaw mix. I also added some potatoes just because I like them. This is quite good. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2009.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3⁄4-1 lb smoked kielbasa (cut into 1/2 inch pieces) or 3⁄4-1 lb Polish sausage (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 golden delicious apples (unpeeled but chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute the coleslaw mix, carrots, onion, celery, and caraway seeds in butter for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 or 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.