1/1 Photo of Kielbasa-Cabbage Skillet
This is also great served with cooked rice in place of the noodles, you may increase the sausage amount if desired, any dry smoked sausage will do fine for this recipe, the Parmesan is only optional I like to add it in, if you have any cold cooked leftover potatoes, cube them and throw them in too :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter (I use bacon fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (use green or red)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 -1 1/2 lb kielbasa (cut into about 1/2-inch slices) or 1 -1 1/2 lb dry Polish sausage (cut into about 1/2-inch slices)
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned chicken broth (can use water, but broth is better)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- cooked egg noodles
- 1In a large skillet cook the sausage slices until browned on both sides; remove to a plate.
- 2Heat the butter in the same skillet; add in onion, garlic, bell pepper and chili flakes, then saute over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes.
- 3Return the sausage back to the skillet and add in chopped cabbage and broth; cook stirring for about 20-25 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper, then toss with parmesan cheese is desired.
- 5Serve with hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kielbasa-Cabbage Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.1
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: