Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Casual fondue for those casual days when fondue is an easy feast!
- 1 lb kielbasa, Fully cooked cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups beer
- 8 ounces sharp natural cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 2 cups natural swiss cheese, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, cut into halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Heat kielbasa and 1/2 cup beer to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes; drain.
- Toss cheeses, flour, mustard and pepper until cheese is coated. Rub bottom and side of 2-quart heavy saucepan or skillet with cut clove of garlic; add remaining beer. Heat over low heat until bubbles rise to surface.
- Add cheese mixture, about 1 cup at a time and stirring after each addition, until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in pepper sauce.
- Remove to ceramic fondue dish; keep warm ovqr low heat. Spear kielbasa with long-handled forks; dip and swirl in fondue with stirring motion. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in additional heated beer.
I made this for our New Year's Eve fondue dinner and dessert. I only had smoked turkey sausage and I served it with soft rye bread and small red potatoes that I boiled whole then cubed. The kids didn't like it but my DH ate until he was ready to pop. He ate the left over fondue on bbq pork sandwiches and on plain rice. I look forward to making this again for a party or a football gathering. Thanks Tish!