Recipe by puppitypup
Hubby loves Kielbasa and I love Barley, so I thought it was about time I came up with a dish that combines them. Use whatever kind of beans you like, I used small white beans last night.
- 1⁄4 cup pearl barley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion
- 1⁄2-1 lb turkey kielbasa
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon no-sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 dash parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook barley per package directions. This will take between 1 hr to 1 1/2 hours.
- Chop onion and kielbasa. Spray pan with Pam and saute onion over medium heat until softened.
- Add kielbasa and saute for a few minutes longer.
- Drain and rinse beans, then add to pan.
- Dissolve bouillon in water, then add to pan along with parsley.
- Add barley, stir well and cook until all is heated through and excess liquid evaporates. (It should be moist, just not soupy.).