Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe that we use it was found on Weight watchers and we love it.
- 58 ounces fat-free chicken broth, four 14 . 5 oz cans
- 16 ounces low- fat sausage, turkey, smoked or 16 ounces low-fat kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced
- 15 ounces cannned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium celery, stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained I like to use rotelle with green chili's
- Mix all ingredients, in a 5-6quart slow cooker (crockpot). cover and cook on low-heat setting at least 6 hours or until beans are tender.
Jules, my husband and I loved it! I put much less water, so it was more like a "soupy" stew. Didn't have celery and used potatoes. I think you can use other vegetables and it will still taste delicious. Used ROTEL tomatoes; a bit spicy for me, but still soooo good!