Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I got from my mother-in-law. It's one of my family's favorites!
Make and share this Kielbasa-Bacon Hash recipe from Food.com.
- Slice kielbasa into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Bring water to a boil, then add salt.
- Add potatoes to water and boil until for just before fork tender then drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet.
- Remove from pan and chop into small pieces.
- Drain the fat from the pan but do not wipe out
- Add 2 tabelspoons oil and saute onions and peppers until soft.
- Add kilebasa to the pan and saute until slightly browned.
- Mix everything together in the large pot and cover until ready to serve.
Tasty! Love keilbasa, love brats, love bacon, what's not to love? However, this makes 4+ pounds of food, so if you're feeding a crowd, this is great. I think 3# of potatoes to 1# of meat is too much. Also, next time I would dice potatoes and fry them in the olive oil with the onions. The boiled potatoes did not have the consistancy we were looking for. Also, I added chopped garlic (we add it to just about everything--it's a sickness, sigh...) Good ingredients, good outcome.
The combination of ingredients is great. It's so good that you can't stop even though you know your full. So to prevent us from getting huge we cut the recipe in half. I did saute the onions and peppers in the bacon fat for more flavor. Also after the potatoes were cooked I added them to step eight to have them brown a bit. Thanks for a great and easy recipe. Made for My-3-Chefs Fall 2008 and for the Diabetic Awareness Tag Game 2008.