Recipe by Nurse Amanda
This is a recipe I got from my mother-in-law. It's one of my family's favorites!
Top Review by pamela t.
Tasty! Love keilbasa, love brats, love bacon, what's not to love? However, this makes 4+ pounds of food, so if you're feeding a crowd, this is great. I think 3# of potatoes to 1# of meat is too much. Also, next time I would dice potatoes and fry them in the olive oil with the onions. The boiled potatoes did not have the consistancy we were looking for. Also, I added chopped garlic (we add it to just about everything--it's a sickness, sigh...) Good ingredients, good outcome.
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 3 lbs cooked russet potatoes, cut into a 1 inch dice
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice kielbasa into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Bring water to a boil, then add salt.
- Add potatoes to water and boil until for just before fork tender then drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet.
- Remove from pan and chop into small pieces.
- Drain the fat from the pan but do not wipe out
- Add 2 tabelspoons oil and saute onions and peppers until soft.
- Add kilebasa to the pan and saute until slightly browned.
- Mix everything together in the large pot and cover until ready to serve.