Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another easy mid-week meal. Love 'em!
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chunked
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package au gratin potato mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables
- Brown kielbasa and onions in large skillet; drain if necessary.
- Add au gratin potatoes, pepper, water, milk and margarine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegies. Simmer an addition 10-12 minutes until potatoes are done.
This was SO good! I was able to lighten the recipe by omitting the butter and using turkey kielbasa--and it was still so rich that I wanted to lick my plate. It's a great way to use up all those mostly empty packages of frozen vegetables that lurk in your freezer--just be sure to use all 16 ounces or more, as the veggies taste absolutely fantastic. One other thing: I had to add an extra cup of water, and it took almost an hour for my potatoes to be fully cooked. I think I will be making this constantly!
This was very easy to make and a hit with my husband. The kielbasa I got was a little strong flavored for my taste so I might try a different kind of sausage next time.
WOW and wonderful...I had everything on hand and everyone gave it a HIGH 5!!!! I did not change nothing. I loved it also. Thank You for such a easy recipe to make everyone wants dinner NOW!!!! Hugs