Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a super simple recipe I copied from the Whole Foods Market website. The grilled kielbasa have such a wonderful flavor. You can even use turkey kielbasa to save on calories and fat. I use more apple just because my kids like the way they taste off the grill. It's okay to let the ingredients sit in the lemon juice mixture for a few minutes. I was concerned about that at first, but it does not overpower or alter the flavor of the dish. I also don't use the skewers. I use a grilling basket - it's much faster!! I serve with couscous.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Cut kielbasa, onion and apples into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Thread pieces of sausage, onion and apple pieces on skewers, alternating them.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes each side, until apples and onions are slightly blackened on edges, yet still crisp inside, and sausage is very hot.
- Serve immediately.
YUM and easy. This was so delicious. I used lean turkey kielbasa, granny smith and red delicious apples, and sweet onions. I also added some thyme and minced garlic to the marinade. I did not use any oil. Served with a green salad and Lemon Beans and Mushrooms. Thanks!