1/2 Photos of Kielbasa Apple Kabobs
This is a super simple recipe I copied from the Whole Foods Market website. The grilled kielbasa have such a wonderful flavor. You can even use turkey kielbasa to save on calories and fat. I use more apple just because my kids like the way they taste off the grill. It's okay to let the ingredients sit in the lemon juice mixture for a few minutes. I was concerned about that at first, but it does not overpower or alter the flavor of the dish. I also don't use the skewers. I use a grilling basket - it's much faster!! I serve with couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling.
- 2Cut kielbasa, onion and apples into 2-inch pieces.
- 3Combine in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- 4Toss to coat.
- 5Preheat grill to medium high.
- 6Thread pieces of sausage, onion and apple pieces on skewers, alternating them.
- 7Grill 3 to 5 minutes each side, until apples and onions are slightly blackened on edges, yet still crisp inside, and sausage is very hot.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kielbasa Apple Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.8
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 1608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 14.6 g