Recipe by KGCOOK
This recipe was given to me by my Grandma In-Law several years ago. It's been an all time favorite in our family for years now. I only had one red potato when I was making this recipe but I also had 1 yam. So I used it just like the red potato and it was every bit as good! So now I make it red for him and oranger for me!
Top Review by AreThree
I tried this tonight and there are a few things wrong with this recipe. First, the cooking times are WAY off. At 350Â° the carrots and potatoes took over an hour to cook. Secondly, we didn't care for the flavor of the dish at all. It was bland, and where it wasn't bland, it was odd due to the spices. To each their own, but I won't be making this dish again. Thanks for posting it, however, and giving me the chance to try new things!
- 1 lb beef kielbasa
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 4 medium yams (optional)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour carrots into bottom of pan.
- Peel and quarter potatoes and add to carrots.
- Cut cabbage into wedges about 2 inches thick.
- Lay in pan with carrots and potatoes.
- Add water, seasonings, and butter.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Lay kielbasa on top of vegetables.
- Cover and bake 15 more minutes or till sausage is heated through.
- Serve with french bread or garlic bread.