Recipe by seesko
This is a great one dish meal. We love kielbasa and sauerkraut over potatoes. We found this recipe and this is how we eat kielbasa and kraut now.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
Boy oh boy this was yummy! I lightened it up by using only 1 T olive oil and using turkey kielbasa; otherwise I followed the recipe to a "t". There isn't necessarily anything earthshattering about this--there are lots of sausage and kraut with noodle recipes. What is notable about this one is that it is the first one to capture all the flavors I want in such a dish. Usually I am left saying "well, if only it had this or that"--not so here. That said, next time I will probably take the pasta down to 8 oz-ish so each bite will have more kraut and sausage. Oh, btw, my 1 year old DS really went to town on this, so it is safe to say it is fairly kid friendly. Thanks so much for posting! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 12 ounces dry ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 ounces sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic and kielbasa, and cook until kielbasa begins to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, and cayenne; cook about 4 minutes more.
- Stir in wine and parsley, and heat through.
- Toss ziti with kielbasa and sauerkraut, and serve immediately.