- 1 lb low-fat kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Red Delicious apples or 2 yellow golden delicious apples, cored and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 or 5-quart sauce pot, cook sliced kielbasa and onion over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stirring frequently or until browned.
- Add apples and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in sauerkraut, chicken broth and caraway seeds.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are tender and flavors blended.