Recipe by Baker baker Jess
Layers of thinly sliced potatoes are covered in butter and seasonings and topped with a blanket of kielbasa. It takes almost no time to prepare if you use a mandolin to slice the potatoes.
- 2 (1 lb) packages kielbasa
- 6 large potatoes (any kind)
- butter or margarine
- minced garlic
- 1⁄2 small onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using mandolin, slice potatoes and place in 11x13 baking dish or pan.
- Mince onion finely and scatter throughout the potatoes. Add as much garlic as you want. I tend to use a heaping tbs of the jarred minced garlic. lay a few pats of butter or margarine on top of the potatoes/onion mixture.
- Next cut kielbasa into bite-size pieces and completely cover the bottom layer. You may have to overlap some of the pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and continue baking.