Kielbasa was on sale, which was good. I was tired of tomato based sauces, which was bad. I finally mingled the best parts of several recipes and came up with this. It's not bad if I do say so and I do say so. It also doesn't hurt that it is quick and easy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 pasilla chiles, roasted, skins scrapped off, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs kielbasa, quartered lengthwise, thickly sliced
- 1 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Saute (stir fry)Onions, celery, and Chilies until onions are translucent.
- Remove from frying pan, set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Brown Kielbasa.
- Mix all ingredients in a crock pot set on low.
- Cook for 6 Hours.
- Serve over just about anything you can think of, Noodles,Rice, Toast or Croutons,Hashbrowns or Mashed Potatoes,Cous cous, I think you get the idea.
This recipe was wonderful. I simplified it by cooking in the skillet. Onions and celery softened for a few minutes and then the keilbasa fried (all together), and then I added the mushrooms for a few mins. Everything else went in and simmered for just a few mins. I served over white rice and it was very pretty. Thanks for dinner in a snap!