Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a great recipe I clipped from a magzine years ago and have forgotten about. Can't wait to make it again when the weather is cooler!
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen chopped kale or 1 (10 ounce) package collard greens (I like to use spinach) or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (I like to use spinach)
- 8 ounces kielbasa or 8 ounces other fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans) or 1 (19 ounce) canother canned white beans
- 2⁄3 cup elbow macaroni
- Put broth and frozen kale (or spinach) into a heavy 4 quart pot over high heat.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Add to pot. When mixture boils, reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans; add to pot with macaroni.
- Simmer 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender.