Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One night my mom made up this easy recipe and my daughter begs for it weekly! It's only 4 ingredients and takes 1/2 hour to cook! I have made it using fresh cut potatoes and it works out just as good, but just takes a little longer to cook. If you don't have a large enough skillet, I have included how to finish off in the oven as well. I hope your family enjoys as much as mine! PS. Tastes even better the next day!
- 2 lbs of hillshire kielbasa, Slice into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 large vidalia onions, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) bagfrozen steak-style French fries
- olive oil, for cooking
- Bake the frozen steak fries in oven, as directed on package. While cooking start the rest of recipe.
- In a large non stick skillet, (I use a large wok) saute the onions slowly in 2 tbsp of olive oil till transparent and just starting to caramelize.
- Add sliced kielbasa to onions, Mix thoroughly and cook them together on medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Once the steak fries are done, take out of oven and add to the onions and kielbasa. Mix well. Cover and cook about 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- You want the fries to absorb the liquid in the skillet. Sometimes you need to add a little more olive oil, but only if it's really dry. It depends on the brand of fries you use. I use Ore Ida and it comes out perfect every time.
- If you don't have a large enough skillet or wok, once the fries are done, put them in a 13 x 9 baking dish and pour the kielbasa mixture over them. Mix well and pop into a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes. Stir again and serve.
- It's simple, but the taste is delicious!
This was delicious!!! I used turkey kielbasa and everyone just raved about it. It was very easy to make but my pan wasnt big enough, so I made it the alternative way using a 13x9 pan and baking for 5 mins. Fantastic and so flavorful!
This was great for a quick simple meal and the kids all loved which never happens!