Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the mother of a good friend--who is a great cook!
- 2 links kielbasa, cut into thin slices
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 -4 red potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green peppers or 1 yellow pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- Cut everything bite sized.
- Wet skillet. Cook sausage until brown and crispy. Set aside (retain liquid in pan).
- Add chicken into sausage fat. Saute until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat oil. Saute onions, peppers, and potatoes.
- Lower heat.
- Cover pot until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add chicken and sausage. Add seasoning.
- Simmer for a few minutes, and serve.
Great simple and super tasty dinner! I marinated the chicken in lemon juice and olive oil and a bit of italian seasoning for about a day. Also I left out the peppers for my mother since she HATES them with a passion. and scaled it down to use one chicken breast and one small link of kielbasa for me and my mother. I added a little bit italian seasoning for a little bit of a kick. Very good and simple recipe.