Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple German dish.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced potatoes (or use 2 or 3 potatoes, sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kielbasa
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Saute margarine or butter and onions in a large skillet until the onions are soft.
- Stir cabbage and potatoes into the skillet and saute until the cabbage becomes wilted.
- Place the kielbasa, wine vinegar, salt and pepper into the skillet.
- Cook kielbasa covered over a low heat, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Pour the red wine into the pan, cover and cook another 10 minutes before serving.
My family loved this dish! The vinegar gave it a wonderful unexpected zing.
Made for Gimme 5 I love sausage with cabbage and onion! Loved the zip of the vinegar too!
Very simple yet so good. I like vinegar so this recipe worked great for me. I did not have savoy cabbage so used napa instead. This was my first time in using Napa and love it! Used 2 fresh potatoes. The only thing I'd do different would be to leave the lid off the last 10 minutes of cooking to let the juices reduce a little more. Made for *Recipe Swap No19 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum