Recipe by hungrykitten
Top Review by Lakerdog2
Yummy! Followed directions exactly, other than I used more pasta than called for, so I cooked it almost all the way, then added to the pan along with everything else. (I was worried it would have sucked up too much of the juice had I not cooked it somewhat first.) I also added some crushed red pepper flakes for heat, and some Italian seasonings. Kids loved it, nice quick and easy weeknight meal. Thanks!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored pasta, farfelle
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the kielbasa and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste and the pasta.
- Mix all together well, making sure the mixture is wet enough to cook the pasta. If necessary, mix in some water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.