Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. A simple meal, but my sausage eating DH really loves this dish. I usually double the broth and also add some garlic. I serve it over rice or sometimes over steamed, seasoned cabbage.
Top Review by Daniel'sWife
This was very hearty, tasty, and easy to make. I would recommend doubling the amount of chicken broth, so that you end up with a bit more sauce. I served it over white rice, with the bacon crumbles, and some shredded cheddar cheese. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced and halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings; cook kielbasa in drippings until lightly browned. Drain.
- Add onion, red pepper, beans,broth and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble bacon on top.
- Yield: 6 servings.